We’ve launched a community-led organic vegetable box scheme as a spin off from our Food Group.
We buy fresh seasonal produce weekly from farms as close to London as practicable, and our members pick up their weekly veg every Wednesday from one of several pick up points round Kentish Town:
- The Thanet community centre in West Kentish Town
- The Grafton pub on Prince of Wales Road
- Flapjacks, the social enterprise cafe on Kentish Town high street
- Boma garden centre on Islip Street
- Abbey Tavern pub on Kentish Town Road
- Ruby Violet, the ice cream parlour in Tufnell Park
- The Star pub in Dartmouth Park
Vegbox has been set up with invaluable support from the pioneering box scheme Growing Communities in Hackney.
We hope in time to invest profits from Vegbox in food growing projects in our local area.