Kentish Keg hop growing project
This project, run jointly with neighbouring Transition initiatives, is about growing hops to make a batch of local beer which we all drink together in the autumn.
We purchased 80 hop plants that were planted all over Kentish Town, Belsize Park and Primrose Hill.
We harvested our 2014 batch of hops and it has been made into delicious beer. We’re cultivating our hops again in 2015 to make another batch. If you want to join the project and grow some hops you can get involved in Spring 2015.
Well Beeing Garden
Transition Kentish Town has worked alongside Kentish Town Health Centre and Of Bees and Butterflies to create a wonderful Well-Beeing garden.
There are regular events at the garden, which anyone can join.
Kentish Town Vegbox
We’ve launched a community-led organic vegetable box scheme as a spin off from our Food Group.
We buy fresh seasonal produce weekly from farms as close to London as practicable, and our members pick up their weekly veg every Wednesday from one of several pick up points round Kentish Town:
- The Thanet community centre in West Kentish Town
- The Grafton pub on Prince of Wales Road
- Flapjacks, the social enterprise cafe on Kentish Town high street
- Boma garden centre on Islip Street
- Abbey Tavern pub on Kentish Town Road
- Ruby Violet, the ice cream parlour in Tufnell Park
- The Star pub in Dartmouth Park
- Rochester Square community gardens off Camden Road
Vegbox has been set up with invaluable support from the pioneering box scheme Growing Communities in Hackney.
We hope in time to invest profits from Vegbox in food growing projects in our local area.