Free May/June activities
Come and join us every Thursday afternoon from 3:30-4:45 for an sunny afternoon of free activities…whatever the weather.
- 4/5 Fancy building a raised bed to grow plants/veg. Come and find out how.
- 11/5 Feeling herby? Come and learn about growing herbs n have a cuppa herb t!
- 18/5 Want to design your own Chelsea flower show garden. Come n learn how
- 25/5 Wild about wildflowers? Come and learn grow a wildflower meadow
- 1/6 Half term botanical painting workshop. Kids, learn how to paint beautiful flowers
- 8/6. Elderflower cordial workshop. Come and learn about free (sustainable) food foraging.
- 15/6 Garden design workshop. How to plant up your outdoor space for summer colour.
- 22/6 Summer solstice antics…fairy crowns and witches brew!
- 29/6 Pond dipping. Learn how to build your own wildlife pond.
Saturday 19th November, 10am to 3 pm, Peckwater Centre, 6 Peckwater St, NW5 2TX.
Drop in and help us create an inspiring new therapeutic community garden in the heart of Kentish Town. Bring gloves & a spade (if you can) Refreshments provided! For further details, email: Greenhealthspace@gmail.com
The team at Transition Kentish Town has been asked by the most wonderful, inspiring Camden doctor – Dr Jane Myat, from the Caversham NHS Group practice in NW5. Jane has asked us to collaborate on turning a really neglected, derelict huge courtyard to be found between Leighton Rd and Peckwater, NW5. The site has not been used for years, and is aimed at being turned into a bucolic garden that could really help patients, and bring the community together. Jane’s words of how many of her patients were victims of war, isolated folks, people cut off from society really spoke from the heart. Continue reading
2pm-3:30pm, Sunday 13th November
The Urban Gardening Group are working on an exciting new site at Kentish Town underground/overground station. We’re preparing the ground for the spring at the moment: lots of digging and clearing to do!
Come along for our 2pm meet up this Sunday. If you’ve got a garden fork, please bring it too. Just come into Kentish Town underground and ask one of the staff to lead you to the urban gardening site and they’ll bring you to a special secret door in the station. Or just wave your garden fork at them and they’ll know what you’re there for!